In an attempt to reclaim some wasted space, I redesigned some of the UI elements in the Spotify Player in the Android Notification Drawer. The album art is larger, unnecessary text has been removed, and playback buttons are closer together to make them easier to reach with one-handed operation (sorry lefties -- maybe there can be a left-hand mode with the buttons on the left)
Hopefully this design looks a bit more balanced, let me know what you think in the comment box below!
- Quickly sketch idea in my journal while sitting at a stop light on my morning commute.
- Take screenshot of the Spotify player. (again, while on my commute)
- After work, take another screenshot so I don't have Google Maps navigating in the background.
- Take photo of journal page.
- Import photo into Affinity project.
- Make crude sketch in Affinity. (Fig. 1.)
- Build blockframe by placing transparent rectangles on the screenshot, then colorizing them. (Fig. 2.)
- Copy the original blockframe & start prototyping the new design. (Above)